Technology is constantly changing, and businesses are becoming more and more dependent on technology to run their sales process more efficiently.
Sales force automation technology automates time consuming tasks and provides access to sales activities to adjustments can be made quickly. CRM technology allows sales employees to access up-to-date, relevant prospect information at any time. Mobile technology enables instant access to tools, contracts, etc. from anywhere.
Because of technology we are operating at a faster pace, more efficiently, and smarter. But there is no technology that replaces human interaction. For B2B buyers, relationships and direct engagement are more important than ever. Here are the key roles that a personal touch plays in the sales process:
- The human touch allows you to uncover needs and align what you have to offer with what they are looking for – finding the fit.
- Speaking with the prospect gives you the opportunity to answer questions, demonstrate value and bond with the buyer on a human level.
- The human touch is the only way for business relationships to solidify and grow. People do business with people they know, like and trust.
- Calling a lead can be the single largest driver of conversion. For example, a sequenced approach that keeps your company present in the buyer’s mind is an effective way to stay top-of-mind.
- A customer-centric sales experience provides a competitive advantage. While your competitors are using technology to reach out to prospects, you are able to deliver real value using a customer-centric, consultative approach.
- Human interaction leads to the sale. Prospects who make a purchase interact with a salesperson in all phases of the decision-making process*.
By integrating sophisticated sales strategies with technology, salespeople can achieve a new level of sales results that cannot be achieved through technology or traditional sales methods alone.
Only when sales professionals are able to harness the power of personalized, human and relevant engagement are they able to achieve or surpass their sales goals.