A colleague recently shared some interesting stats related to phone usage by Fortune 1000 and S&P 500 companies during the Covid-19 pandemic:
- 93% kept their corporate phone number on their website.
- 94.1% have increased calling in to check voicemail from three times per day to nine.
- Of the approximately 10 million employees, 83.2% have added a cell phone to their email signature.
- Of the approximately 10 million employees, 41% have reached out to clients and vendors with an update about using cell numbers.
- Of the 8.2 million employees that had company cell phones, 38% are using them exclusively.
- Of the 10 million employees, 89.1% have their corporate phone calls forwarded.
These stats confirm that workers are still using the phone as a business tool and checking their phone messages. Do not let the pandemic related shift to remote working keep you from making prospecting calls!
Whether you have a company phone number with an extension, a direct dial or a cell number, keep dialing. The phone is still an effective way to reach decision makers, whether they are in their offices or working remotely.