At One of a Kind Sales, we LOVE Cold Calling. And I am a huge fan of Cold Calling Scripts. Here are some tips on how to create an effective Cold Calling script for yourself.
First, any salesperson who says they don’t need a script should reconsider because I am confident that they are leaving money on the table. I stand by that 100%.
The truth is that many people who “wing it” on the phone, sound like they’re winging it. And they are less effective because they don’t have a structured process to follow.
An effective script grounds you, providing you with the words you need to work your way through a conversation and allows you to think ahead while speaking with the prospect.
Here’s an outline of an effective Cold Calling script:
- An Introduction:this should be unique and non-salesy.
- Ask Permission:ask them to give you 30 seconds to explain the purpose of the call.
- Introduce your Company:provide a brief description of what your company does. Focus on value you deliver. According to a study by HubSpot, 96% of buyers say a focus on the value your company can deliver, impacts their purchasing decision.
- Offer three examples of problems you solve:these ‘case studies’ allow people to relate and see how you can help them.
- Ask a Question:something like: “Is any of what I stated compelling and worth a conversation?”
- Then… shut up!
Memorizing this will allow you sound more natural and less ‘salesy’. And it will free you up to address and overcome any objections.
The truth is that you really won’t know what the objections will be until you have this conversation, but you should prepare for those by having scripts for the ones you usually hear. (Check out this post for more on overcoming objections on Cold Calls)
Shut up and Listen!
An effective Cold Calling script will include questions which elicit important information. When they start talking about their pain points, your role is to listen, empathize and allow them to express their issues in detail.
The key is to actively listen and probe to keep them talking about their problems.
Set an Appointment or Move On?
The information you gather will help you determine whether or not you can fix their problem. If you can, great! Go ahead and set an appointment.
If not, no problem. Thank them for their time and ask them if they know of anyone else who might need your services. Ask them to keep you in mind if their situation changes or if they learn of anyone who might be a good fit.
Then pick up the phone and dial your next number!
Consistency Is Key
Developing scripts for everyone on the team ensures consistent messaging and branding.
The Conversational Selling Script™ , like the one outlined here, is for when you speak with a decision-maker. You will also need to develop voicemail scripts and email templates that match the voicemail scripts.
How to Create an Effective Cold Calling Script
Here is the process I recommend for developing scripts.
- Develop five case studies on past clients. Think about what their issue was– that’s the title of the case study. Talk about what their problem was, and how you helped them resolve it.
- Each case study should cover a different problem that your prospects may also have. Those case studies become the ‘meat’ of your script.
- Extract the “pain” from those case studies and put it into your script.
- Adapt the right case study to the prospect you are calling.
You don’t have to know everything about that client. You don’t have to be an expert. You’ve got your script. You’ve got your pain points. Go!
Don’t go into sell mode on a call when your goal is just to have a CONVERSATION and, if they are a good fit, to set an appointment.
That’s it, never sell. You are there to uncover information. And this information then becomes the ‘meat’ of your appointment conversation.
Rinse and Repeat
Once you have an effective Cold Calling script, it should be reviewed and updated periodically but it should serve you well for hundreds of calls.
And yes, there is an art to creating an effective Cold Calling script. It isn’t easy and can take years of practice. If you don’t want to wait years to reap the benefits of an effective Cold Calling script and need one NOW, call us – we can set you and your team up with the scripts YOU need to set appointments that close more deals. Call us today at 908-879-2911 to learn more and to get started setting more, and more qualified, appointments.