About Dan King: He is the Co-founder and Growth Strategist of Fireside Strategic, helping creator CEOs direct their time, energy, and teams towards dramatic growth. There are two types of CEOs, first are Engineers who focus on optimizing the assembly line to perfection. In contrast, Creator CEOs want to create a significant and profitable business and for them business is an extension of self. Mission, ideas, and people drive them, they are the world changers but as Dan states, the thing about Creator CEOs is that they are full of ideas which means the creator and the business simultaneously try to move in many direction and this is a gift and a curse. On top of all of this, Dan is a recovering lawyer turned sales strategist and executive coach. He built and sold a coaching and recruiting company serving the legal industry, he’s coached hundreds of people including CEOs, members of the US and Canadian military and senior politicians, and he also serves as an advisor to one of the sharks in the TV show.
In this episode, Nancy and Dan discuss:
- The spectrum of CEO personalities
- Are you a Creator or an Engineer?
- The white space and what it means
- Projecting good and positive energy
- Engineer and Creator are the two extremes of a spectrum of CEO personalities. Engineers tend to be more focused on the system and the optimization of it while Creators are artists and focus more on making the business meaningful and beautiful.
- One way to tell if a CEO is a Creator or an Engineer is by listening to the way they talk. An Engineer would talk in a more focused way, not straying much from topic while a Creator CEO would be more inclined to switch from subject to subject.
- Find that white space. If you want to make more sales, inspire people to be part of a movement because everyone wants to be a part of something greater than themselves.
- There is a dimension that goes beyond what you say and what you do whenever you sell. People can feel your energy whenever you interact with them. That’s why it’s important to project positive energy in every conversation.
“The secret – to selling is to get out of the space of analytically just talking about your widget, your features, and your benefits – you gotta inspire people. Whether your pitching to a new customer, a potential investor, to a potential employee, you got to inspire them to join a movement.” – Dan King
Connect with Dan King:
Try Our Proven, 3-Step System, Guaranteeing Accountability and Transparency that Drives RESULTS by clicking on this link: https://oneofakindsales.com/call-center-in-a-box/
Click on this link to download a FREE digital copy of The Inside Sales Solution: https://form.jotform.com/212374882793164
Connect with Nancy Calabrese: